April 21, 2018
Bike Route for optional group ride
Run Route for splash and dash
- The optional bike ride takes place after the swimming and running. The only transition is between swim and run. The group ride starts at approximately 10:30 am
- Race package pickup for the event is at the PotashCorp Civic Centre for the full week before.
- The swim and the run both start and finish from the PotashCorp Civic Centre.
- The speaker series starts at 12pm. Please keep checking our schedule as speakers are confirmed.
9am 750 meter swim, 5K Run
9am 750 meter swim
9am 400 meter adult swim
9am 200 to 500 meter kid swim
1030am Optional Group Ride
12pm Triathlon Speaker Series at the PotashCorp Civic Centre
Daryl Steeves- How to Balance your Training... "it is always a challenge to know how much, how hard, how often you should train for a sport, and even more when your sport is three sports... in this session we will talk about how to set priorities to meet your triathlon goals and still leave time for life"
Steve Kikkert- Use your Garmin and Garmin Connect to it's potential -"Learn everything you need to know on Garmin Connect. Find out how to create and use Garmin workouts for swim, run & bike."
Erin Chiswell- Feeling comfortable in the water. Erin has taught swimming to children and adults alike and at all levels. She is excited to offer this session to move beyond initial fears and build your endurance and stroke skills.
Alex Coffin- Transition Tips. Swim to Bike. Bike to Run. What did Alex see Simon Whitfield do in Victoria? How does exercise help you get rid of your glasses?
Joshua Fry- Cramps, spasms and shin splints suck. You will view your body in a new way and be better prepared. Josh is a sports registered massage therapist.
Special Notes & Individual Leg Info
- The swim or the run can be done individually and results will be compiled for the swim for individual placing.
- The relay only has one transition like the overall event and that is between the swim and the run. The bike ride is an optional group activity and not for competition.
It happened in 2018!! Congratulations to all of the finishers!! The locals made us proud and mixed it up with the soldiers. Sussex Swordfish member Kelten Fawcett set a new swim record as part of his winning relay team with Hannah Arseneault of St Martins who set the new run record for the women. Alex Boule of Saguenay with CFB Gagetown was the overall winner and set a new run record for the men. Isabelle Turner of Oromocto with CFB Gagetown was the womens winner. Frederick Morissette from Oromocto with CFB Gagetown set the new women's swim record. Angelia Hermenier of Pearsonville was the third overall woman and first for her age group. Marc Verschoor of Berwick was first for 50-59. His son Eric was the first junior swim-run finisher. Alexa McLong of Sussex was the first female junior swim-run finisher. Sandra Lammens of Sussex was the oldest competitor in the competition and won her age group. Please see the results for the other placings. Thank you to everyone who participated!!!!